Job Opportunities at Creative Capital
Creative Capital staff at the 2016 Artist Retreat
Creative Capital, a national non-profit artist support organization, is seeking a detail-oriented technology professional to join our team as Web Manager. The Web Manager will maintain Creative Capital’s web presence and web-based technology, serving as in-house developer and project manager for site updates and new web initiatives. This position reports to the Communications Director, works closely with the IT Director to ensure integration of all technology, and works collaboratively with other members of the Creative Capital staff. The position offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic office environment committed to supporting contemporary artists in all disciplines.
• Manages the design and functionality of Creative Capital’s websites, including hosting, monitoring traffic and ensuring security of all sites.
• Meets with Artist Services, Communications, Development, Professional Development, and administrative staff regularly to plan for web improvements and new initiatives.
• Works with IT Director to ensure integration between website, in-house database, and other key technology platforms.
• Serves as project manager and in-house developer for new web projects or platforms, including translating departmental needs into page-mock-ups for CC staff review, contracting with outside designers and developers as needed, managing timelines and budgets, and testing all work.
• Advises on and supports web-based services for webinars, donation processing, and other organizational needs.
• Provides tech support for online grant applicants and awardees using the online Artist Hub.
• Provides as-needed training and support for new and existing staff in web content-management systems and other web-based technology (Constant Contact, MailChimp, Google Forms, Wiki, WordPress, PayPal, etc).
• Uploads reports and other files to server as needed.
• Ability to translate organizational needs into web-based solutions, including creating site-maps, wireframes and page mock-ups.
• At least three years experience managing web-based projects, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and stay on budget.
• General knowledge of open source web development practices; specific knowledge of Cake PHP 1.3, mySQL, HTML, CSS, WordPress and FileMaker Pro.
• Experience managing web security, hosting, PayPal and Google API’s.
• Attention to detail in programming and testing.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize to see multiple projects to completion at once, working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, audio/video production and post-production are a plus.
The Web Manager will be based in the Creative Capital offices in New York, 32-40 hours per week, with competitive pay and full benefits.
TO APPLY: Email resume, cover letter (including salary requirements), and a list of three references to the attention of Jenny Gill, Director of Communications, at: email@example.com. Please include “Web Manager” and your full name in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Interviews will be held in early January 2017.
Feb 22 2017 – Feb 22 2017
Feb 22 2017 – Feb 22 2017
About the Award
Sign up to receive more information on Creative Capital, its programs, and regional visits as they develop.