Create high-quality representations of live performance for use in personal archives, work samples, marketing campaigns and beyond.
WORKSHOP STRUCTURE & LOGISTICS
• Best practices for good performance documentation, addressing the challenges of capturing live performance
• Creating a strategic plan and budget for the documentation process
• Hands-on experience with camera placement, cinematography and in-camera video editing
• Techniques artists can use themselves or discuss with documentation professionals to ensure high-quality results
• Combines lectures and hands-on work with professional cameras
• Designed and facilitated by a performing artist with extensive experience documenting his own work and performances by others; option of additional leader for enhanced technical support and individual attention
• One day workshop
• Up to 20 artists. For performing artists as well as visual artists creating time-based, kinetic work
What people are saying
“This was fantastic! A wake-up call to the importance of planning and having a vision for documentation on par with the performance itself.”
– Workshop Participant, New Orleans
“A wonderful job catering to both high, low and middle tech levels of knowledge.”
– Workshop Participant, New York
Contact a Workshop Manager to bring a workshop to your community!